Spinach is a nutritious green, although the nutrients are hard to absorb due to the oxalic acid found in the green. It is high in vitamins A and C. Vitamins are best retained with little or no cooking.
• Dunk spinach in a cold-water bath and then spin dry
• Store in a damp towel in a plastic bag for up to 1 week.
• Steam spinach for s-8 minutes
• 2-3 lbs. of spinach cooks down to 2 cups
• Toss with olive oil, lemon juice, diced garlic, fresh basil leaves, and feta cheese for a salad
• Toss tender raw leaves into pasta
• Add spinach to quiche, lasagna, or other baked dishes
• Substitute spinach for chard in other recipes
Cheesy Spaghetti and Spinach Casserole