Kale is extremely hardy and will take us through the coldest days of fall and early winter. It develops a slight sweet flavor when it goes through a frost. It is a very nutritious veggie, high in vitamins A, C, & the mineral calcium. Kale has the highest protein content of all the cultivated vegetables.
• Store in a plastic bag in the fridge for up to a week
• Be sure to wash leaves well as soil sticks in the nooks & crannies on the leaves
• Cut out the tough mid-rib
• Chopped kale leaves take about 7-Hl min to steam & slightly longer to sauté
• Toss steamed kale with sautéed garlic & tamari.
• Add sautéed kale to mashed potatoes, omelets, quiches, & casseroles.