We cure our sweet potatoes in the greenhouse for a few weeks to improve their sweet flavor and their ability to store.
• Store in a cool dark place for about a month
• Do not wash until just before you use them
• Wash well before cooking
• The skin is edible so you don't need to peel them
• Bake sweet potatoes whole at 350° until soft when pricked with a fork. Split open and add a pat of butter
• Slice sweet potatoes into chunks and toss with olive oil, thyme, salt, and pepper. Roast at 350° for about 45 minutes. Add chunks of potatoes and carrots for a winter root bake.
• Chop sweet potatoes into very small cubes. Heat butter in a sauté pan and add sweet
potatoes. Add cinnamon and ginger and sauté until soft and tender. Serve with rice.
• Sweet potatoes go well with butter, cinnamon, orange, ginger, brown sugar, maple syrup, pecans, and walnuts.
Sweet Potato Fries
Hassel Back Sweet Potatoes
Sweet Potato Pie