Scallions a real nice addition to the early shares in the spring. They can be eaten raw or added at the last minute to cooked dishes. They have a much milder flavor than onions.
• Pat dry and store in a plastic bag in the refrigerator
• The white and green parts of the stem are both edible.
• Cut off the root tips and discard.
• Chop into fine pieces and add to salads, dips, and salad dressings
• Sprinkle onto finished stir-fries or soups
• Add to omelets and quiches.
Scallion Cream Cheese
Asian Chicken and Scallions