Tatsoi is a very mild Asian green that can be eaten in salads or sautéed. It is a nice replacement for spinach, as it doesn't have that sharp bite like spinach. We have found it to be a favorite with kids because of its mild flavor.
• Wash and spin-dry before storing in a plastic bag in the refrigerator
• Best if used with-in one week.
• Small, tender leaves can be added to salad mix for extra flavor
• Add to your sandwich, burrito, or omelets.
• Sauté with garlic for 2-5 minutes and add to pasta with grated cheese.
• Add at the last couple of minutes to your stir-fry
• To braise sauté garlic for 2-3 minutes then add tatsoi and a few tablespoons of water.
Cover and cook for 2-5 minutes. Watch for the green color to brighten. If cooked much longer the greens will be mushy.
• Toss braised or sautéed tatsoi with sesame oil, rice vinegar, and soy sauce. Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds.